Regional carbon sequestration partnerships
U.S. Department of Energy
- Greenhouse Issues IEA Greenhouse Gas R & D Programme
- The Carbon Sequestration Newsletter U.S. Department of Energy, NETL
Other related resources
- Organizations, projects, and programs
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change established by the World Meteorlogical Organization and the United Nations Environmental Programme to assess climate change.
- U.S. Climate Change Technology Program a multi-agency research and development program for the development of climate change technology.
- Carbon Sequestration Leadership Forum an international climate change initiative that is focused on development of improved cost-effective technologies for the separation and capture of carbon dioxide for its transport and long-term safe storage.
- FutureGen Industrial Alliance a US $1 billion public-private partnership to design, build, and operate the world's first coal-fueled, "zero emissions" power plant.
- CO2 Capture and Storage IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme is an international collaboration which aims to evaluate technologies for reducing emissions of greenhouse gases, disseminate the results of these studies, and identify targets for research, development and demonstration and promote the appropriate work.
- Coal-Seq II Consortium a consortium lead by Advanced Resources International for the purpose of advancing the science of CO2 sequestration in deep, unmineable coal seams.
- Carbon Mitigation Initiative a joint project of Princeton University, BP and the Ford Motor Company to find solutions to the greenhouse and global warming problem.
- Carbon Capture & Sequestration Technologies a program at MIT that conducts research into technologies to capture, utilize, and store CO2 from large stationary sources.
- Gulf Coast Carbon Center at the University of Texas Bureau of Economic Geology. The GCCC seeks to apply its technical and educational resources to implement geologic storage of anthropogenic carbon dioxide on an aggressive time scale with a focus in a region where large-scale reduction of atmospheric releases is needed and short term action is possible.
- RECOPOL Project an EU co-funded combined research and demonstration project to investigate the possibility of permanent subsurface storage of CO2 in coal.
- CO2 Capture Project an international effort that addresses the issue of reducing emissions in a manner that will contribute to an environmentally acceptable and competitively priced continuous energy supply for the world.
- IEA GHG Weyburn CO2 Monitoring and Storage Project an international study conducted by the Petroleum Technology Research Centre (PTRC), in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada that involves injecting and storing carbon dioxide (CO2) underground into depleted oil and gas reservoirs in order to revive production.
- Carbon & Energy Management at the Alberta Research Council. Investigating clean energy, geological storage of CO2 and CO2-enhanced recovery.
- CO2 CRC Cooperative Research Centre for Greenhouse Gas Technologies. A collaborative research organization focused on carbon dioxide (CO2) capture and geological storage (geosequestration) in Australia.
- Geological Disposal of Carbon Dioxide (GEODISC) A research program of the CO2 CRC on the geological disposal of carbon dioxide in Australia.
- IEA Research
and Demonstration Projects Database
an extensive listing of current CO2 capture and storage projects worldwide.
- Reports and publications
- Events and meetings
Midwest Geological Sequestration Consortium
University of Illinois
615 E. Peabody Dr.
Champaign, IL 61820